DONATE AN INSTRUMENT
LET US FIND NEW HANDS TO HOLD YOUR NEW OR SLIGHTLY USED INSTRUMENT
Donating an instrument is easy! Fill out this short submission form and provide a photo of the instrument to start the process.
- We accept instrument donations in new and excellent used condition and make sure to get them in the hands of worthy students quickly.
- While we appreciate grand gestures, we DO NOT accept upright pianos or organs.
- If you wish to make a large donation of multiple instruments, please send us an email and we can help you figure out the logistics.
- If you’d like to underwrite the purchase of an individual instrument package for a student in our guitar classes, please click here.
- Whatever your donation, we are grateful and will provide you a tax receipt immediately.
We will contact you within 7 days to confirm. Thank you!
APPLY FOR AN INSTRUMENT
Students who receive an instrument from the Arturo Sandoval Institute must follow these guidelines in order to receive and maintain an instrument and continued support through your continuing musical career:
- Must have been playing instrument consistently for 3+ years
- Must be part of a music program (either at school or outside of school)
- Verification of excellent school attendance and/or music program attendance
- An annual interview (phone or in-person) with an ASI Instrument Committee Member and a written 250-500 word essay about your experiences with your instrument
Applications may be received on a rolling basis and must include ALL of the following:
- Completed application form
- A 250-500 word essay
- One letter of recommendation from high school music instructor or private lessons teacher
- Youtube video or recording optional*
Once we have received your completed application materials, you will be contacted by ASI staff and if a finalist, you will be asked to participate in an interview with Arturo Sandoval Institute board members and/or Instrument Committee.
Please contact the office if you have any questions or need additional support with completing your application or essay.
ASI Musical Instrument Request Application
Application Deadline: rolling basis
Please write a 250 – 500 word essay that includes a strong introduction, descriptive body with personal examples, and a conclusion summarizing your main points and final thoughts. Please draft your essay on a separate sheet of paper and include your name on each page and additional pages.
ESSAY TOPIC QUESTIONS
- How long have you been playing music?
- Describe what you have learned, accomplished and why you need a musical instrument.
- Explain your hardship regarding obtaining a musical instrument.
- Use these personal experiences to write about how music has helped you to recognize your future goals, improved your school work, and developed your ability to succeed and overcome obstacles.
Best of luck with your essay submission and do not forget to proofread your work.