ASI IS MUSIC
As a core ASI program, the “ASI Is Music Private Lesson Scholarship” was established to provide Access, Support, and Inspiration for young musicians.
To apply for the “ASI Is Music Private Lesson Scholarship” students must meet the following criteria:
- 2+ years of continuous instrument study and play
- Recently enrolled in a music program (either at or outside school)
- Verification of excellent school attendance and/or music program attendance
- An annual interview (phone or in-person) with the ASI Executive Director and an ASI Executive or Advisory Board Member.
- A written 250 to 500-word essay about your experiences with your instrument and your dreams for the future.
Applications may be submitted by students or their parents on a rolling basis and must include ALL of the following:
- Completed application form
- The 250 to 500-word essay about your musical experience(s)
- One letter of recommendation from music instructor or private lessons teacher
- Recent report card
- A one to 2-minute video or audio recording of student playing her/his instrument
Applicants will receive confirmation once the completed application packet is received. Please note, ASI will NOT begin processing incomplete submissions nor will we follow up with applicants until ALL items are submitted. Once we review your submission, we will contact you. If you are a finalist, you will be asked to participate in an interview with ASI Is Music board member and Executive Director.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need additional support with completing your application or essay.
PRIVATE LESSON SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Application Deadline: rolling basis
Please write a 250 to 500-word essay (double spaced & type written) that answers these questions:
- How long have you been playing music? Describe what you have learned, accomplished in your music playing; and why you want to receive private lessons.
- Explain your special circumstances or hardship regarding obtaining private lessons.
- Use personal experiences to write about how music has impacted your life and how you foresee it playing a part in your future.
Thank you for your interest and best wishes.